Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Drilling Your Own Well

I saw a youtube video on how to drill your own water well using PVC pipe and hoses. With the hard red clay we've got around here, it would most likely take longer than this guy took, but it's nice to see that if you can score some basic supplies, you can make it work in an emergency situation or if you wanted to stay off grid for awhile especially in the heat we get around here.

I have a pretty sweet portable water filter that I take on backpacking treks just in case. I know there's all sorts of ways to guess whether water is drinkable or not, but I worry that wildlife may have a tolerance for bacteria in the water that I don't have and I'll end up sick. It would be nice to figure out a charcoal filtering solution for something like this for the Asimos family land.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment