I came across this article: http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/
According to the website you can hit many coastal campgrounds for half off if you book quickly. More details are below:
The South Carolina State Park campgrounds at Colleton, Edisto Beach, Givhans Ferry, Hunting Island,Huntington Beach, Myrtle Beach and Sesquicentennial (in Columbia) would like to offer you a 30-day campsite reservation at half price! 50% OFF! This special is valid for reservations that encompass the period of December 1, 2014 through February 28, 2015.
There’s beautiful weather during this time of year in South Carolina and still so much to do on the park and in the nearby area.
To take advantage of this offer, here's what you need to do:
- Call one of the seven parks that you are interested in reserving your campsite, and make your reservation. You cannot make your reservation online or via the toll-free number.
- Mention you are interested in the 30-day snowbird camping special.
- Pay for your entire month (30 days) at the time of registration.
- There are no refunds for early departure.
- Arrive and enjoy your stay!
I have been to all of these campgrounds except Givhans Ferry.
You can sleep so close to the beach that it is hard to stay awake with the sounds of the tide.
Hunting Island gives you the opportunity to have more placid water.
If you enjoy fishing, this campground is a win for you. I have spent many hours with my headphones on casting my rod without seeing another human.